Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Three Things You Didn't Know About Me

In light of all of the business I created for myself today, I'd like to wound down my night on a lighter note :]

So here are 3 silly things you may not know about me!

1. Until the day after my wedding, I never met a raw tomato I liked.
Just the thought of them made me want to barf my brains out. For our wedding, one of our friends gave us a basket of homegrown tomatoes. OH.MY.GOSH. They were plump, they were marbled, they were tart and sweet all at once, and they barely had any seeds. I was in HEAVEN. Now, grocery store tomatoes still give me the heeby-jeebies, but OUR tomatoes, they're going FAST!
Every day when I water the plants, Lily comes with me and pinches all of the tomatoes, as if she's checking them. When she gets to the red ones she looks at me and squeals [melting my heart as I think about it!] and waits for the go. When I tell her it's okay she pulls with ALL her might. Sometimes I have to loosen them just a little, but man oh man, she doesn't even wait for me to take them inside, she just gets after em! What's funnier is she is really attracted to the ones that fit just inside her fist, see:

Today's loot.


Lily finally gets her pick.

The pay off was so good ;]




2. I have a crush on Barack Obama.
...what? I didn't say I liked his politics. I didn't say I wanna have his babies. But I AM saying that I watch as many of the State of the Union and Presidential addresses and I am only telling a half truth when I say it's to "stay up to date". I wish he narrated audio books.

and don't you DARE tell Eamon...I still haven't heard the end of "You think SAWYER is hot." I was labeled a betraying hypocrite for weeks... Now if he finds out that his constitutionalist wife finds the Democratic Mr. President sexy...well, I fear for our marriage.

3. I've known from the time I was a little girl that I wanted to be a mommy.
When storms or hurricanes would come through South Texas, I would always make sure my sisters took a bath. Then I brushed and put up all of their hair, made sure they had warm pajamas on [even though it was probably like 95 degrees outside...whoops] and then have them get their baby dolls ready. What do I mean, get their baby dolls "ready" They all got cleaned, brushed, and tucked in to their respective spots in our beds. Yup. I was eight when I had three younger sisters. And I did this until they all grew out of baby dolls. Go ahead, call me crazy.

Hope you all have a good night!
Mae

No comments: