Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cuz knowledge is power!



While Lily is down for her nap, and Eamon is sizing up his new finds, I am taking the time to blog about some lovely books I fould at our library trip today.
BEFORE THAT:
We all slept AWFULLY last night! And once I thought I was finally gonna get to sleep, Lily woke up at 5 a.m. Not to nurse, cuddle, or get her diaper changed, but to explore. She just thought there were not enough hours the day before for exploring, so she decided that 5 a.m. was the time to do so. Oh, don't you worry, we weren't asleep for this, she felt the need to tell us about her every move. My goodness! And to top it off, once I did go to sleep, a few hours later, I was woken, screaming, because I was dreaming my dad was telling me my mom died...guh-ross.

Any way, after sleeping til 11, yeaaaah, I got up, cooked an amazing breakfast [farmfresh eggs and cinnamin bread can not be beat, ever] and played with Lily before going to the Library.
Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it, but today is Eamon's day off, that is usually when we go to the library.

And today, I scored!
Lily got Baby Genius's Baby Animals. She loves when we make animal noises, so I figured she'd love this :]
Now, for my finds!
Two audio books;
1. A Lion Called Christian by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall





I have seen the Youtube video, and have been eagerly been waiting the movie, and figured this would be perfect to listen to while Lily and I play!

2. In Defense of Food; An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan




As I mentioned in a previous post, he has a new book out and I want to read[listen to] this one before I read the new one...and NRH Library may not have had it yet..

And continuing with the food

3. Real Food; What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck




Just like the case of In Defense of Food, Nina Planck has a newer book,
Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods




that I am itching to get my hands on. I have heard nothing but good things about both of these books and look forward to going through it!

4. And once again,Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker: 200 Recipes for Healthy and Hearty One-Pot Meals That Are Ready When You Are




I can't get enough of this book! I plan to copy some of the recipes because all of the ones I have memorized have been AMAZING. So this time I am going to be a little more adventurous with my selections. Can't wait!

Tonight we have been invited to the Salstrand's for dinner and I'm so stinkin excited! We haven't seen them in months and haven't been to their house...since I was huge and pregnant!

lots of love!
mae

ps,
we're listening to The Beach Boys right now...Eamon is learning that I don't know any of words, but all of the harmonies...pfft

No comments: