Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where we go from here

Well, I did something I didn't think I could. I just sent an email to the pastor of The Austin Stone that hopefully is the start of something big. Eamon and I have had a few nights recently of seeking what the Lord is to have us do, where we are to do it, when it's all gonna happen, and so and and so forth.

 Here's an excerpt from the email, and just a small piece of what we are hoping for:
"After several nights of tossing and turning, thinking that Eamon was supposed to find a new career, he felt deeply moved [or stayed?] to continue working in the food industry. Currently working as a sushi chef, he has been trying to figure out how this is supposed to be his ministry. After tears, and personally battling the visions of Eamon working at an overpriced strip mall sushi bar, waiting for a someone drunk enough to ask him about God, the Lord revealed something very beautiful to us both.
We started talking about the wonderful possibility [that may or may not exist] of running a kitchen through and for a church. A program that would be able to offer real food to the community, to the staff, and to the congregation."



If you would like to help us in any way accomplish these goals, we ask that you pray about it, and keep in touch with us.
I will say I'm very excited.

Mae

No comments: