Friday, June 11, 2010

Another week...

Another week has gone by of me doing TONS of "behind the scenes work" and it seems like I've got nothing to show for it. I've got tons to blog about, but here's our week in pictures :]

Found this awesome recipe for Lentil Burgers...SO YUM. I made a tahini sauce to put over them with some greens we had left from our garden... LOVED them.


No bread for me :[ haha



Uh, so ya...ANOTHER waterline exploded overnight so we went ANOTHER day without water. And there was LITERALLY a jackhammer, circular saw, lawn mower, weed eater, and a vacuum cleaner all running at once when I tried to put Lily down for a nap.



Aaaand...sometimes I get snap happy when I'm around Lily...SHE'S JUST TOO DANG CUTE!




I went inside [two seconds] to get my camera to take pics of our garden, and this is what I find:



The tomato plant in the back is as tall as me!



And these suckers are gonna get eaten tomorrow! I got lunch and dinner covered....mmmmm
Well, it doesn't seem possible, but even though it seems I'm cleaning non-stop, my house is a wreck...SO I will be back later this weekend :]
Mae

4 comments:

Kate said...

I hear that it's good for kids to eat dirt and be barefooted- gives them iron. :)

Mae Burke said...

Haha, I hear that too ;]

rachel.lyn said...

i am DROOLING over those vine ripened fresh tomatoes right now. there is nothing olivia and i enjoy more than sharing a giant plate of cut up tomatoes from my dad's tomato plant :) YUMMY!

and love the pictures of your sweet girl!

Mae Burke said...

Is it just me. or is there nothing in the world than sitting down and enjoying a nutritious and DELICIOUS snack with our girls?