Saturday, March 13, 2010

30 Day Shred...maybe.

Last night was my first workout to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I did surprisingly well. Just kept up with her through motivation of hating her Barbie Belly and wanting it so. bad.

So how did I get to this point? How did I get to bouncing up and down in my living room cursing Jillian Michael like a contestant of The Biggest Looser?
Simple. I'm FOUR-TY pounds overweight. Yup, four, mother flippin zero.
Twenty of that is still "Baby Body", but the other twenty? There's just no excuse. So what does a girl do when she realizes there's a reason everyone is calling her Fatty Boom Batty behind her back? Usually, she starves herself, but that is NOT an option for this mama. Quite the opposite. While reading Nina Planck's "Real Food for Mother and Baby" I became SO confident in how I'm feeding myself. Reading through the "Pregnancy" section I felt a little slackerish as my diet was not up to par for one of my new role-models. But the "nursing" section had me whoopin and hollerin for joy! Mt fats, protein, calcium, etc. are all in the right order! I'm eating near to her ideal specifications. So if I'm eating so awesome- WHY am I fourty pounds overweight? My activity level is down the drain. I mean, don't get me wrong, chasing Lily around all day and taking Rusty on his walks is better than the average American, but I think we can all agree that I typically find it unflattering to be called and "average American."

So, this 30 Day Shred started last night, and while I am sore this morning, I find the program doable this far. I just really...really need a new sports bra. Or just some duct tape...
This brings me to what this post is all about. I'm going to be sharing this journey with all of you. A real mom, a real overweight dumb dumb looking for results. I am...180 pounds...as of my last scale suicide mission a few weeks ago. That is my actual number, on the dot. The dvd says "lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days" we'll see about that.

So, jump on the bandwagon, share your sweaty, flabby, bein pissed off at your trainer story. I am.

Mae

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just started exercising last week. I am doing Turbo Jam. It is actually fun, but I definitely don't expect 20 lbs in 30 days! lol

bodhisattvaglam said...

yay for your good eating habits! i find it tough when i'm so busy with jude, but i try as well. i need to start something like this, because yeah there really is no excuse at this point. do you feel tired a lot since you've been nursing? everyone i talk to says nursing shouldn't make you feel tired, but it really seems to be what's exhausting me.

Mae Burke said...

Steph! That's awesome!

Actually, I have been extra tired! I didn't know what to pin point it on. The time change, Lily napping less, exercising, it was a lot at once so I'm not really sure. I've also noticed a small dip in my supply, which is kinda scary, but I'm not too worried yet :]