We are busily getting ready for our vacation next week [why is it that you have to do work to relax?] and I'm getting pretty excited.
Today though, I took a break from planning, shopping and cleaning and went to the Botanic Gardens with Katie and her son Henry. It was HUMID, but still really pretty. Never, EVER have I heard two women groan and complain as much as we did about holding our babies...weaklings...
The gardens were beautiful as always
And Henry kept Katie SUPER busy, running around constantly, but stealing Lily's heart minute by minute.
And we found this little guy makin his way back to the water :] Lily tried to eat him, so I helped him out.
And speaking of Lily, tonight was one of those nights I just fell in love with her again. You know what I mean? When they are semi manageable, sweet, and giggly, yup, that's what we had tonight :] LOOK at those curls
GAH! I love her.
Ok, enough gushing, here's what we're eating this week:
- Steamed egg yolks [go here to see more on how to prepare]
- Fruit or veggies steamed
- *We've added soaked oatmeal for miss Lily because she is SO hungry all the time!
- Steamed eggs with fruit
- Omlet with homemade soaked wheat rolls
- Soaked Oatmeal
- Soaked Muesli
- Soaked Panckakes [SO good, we served them last week with Amish butter and raw, local honey and steamed fruits. It was very filling! We used the recipe right out of NT because I didn't really like most of the ones I found online]
- Soaked Dutch Baby Pancakes [So far, this is Eamon's favorite "soaked" recipe]
***any recomendations to make this not so runny/griddy/DONE in the middle?
- Fried Eggs with Homemade yogurt
- Salad w/pan fried fish [talapia, flounder, or salmon]
- Fish [the same mentioned above] with brown rice and steamed veggies
- Hummus plate [chic peas soaked for 24 hours and cooked in the crockpot over night. VERY tedious, but noticeably tastier.
- Laver [nori]
- dehydrated fruits and veggies
- sweet potato fries
- brown rice crackers [Lily is LOVING these]
Monday: Angel hair with lentil bolognese
Tuesday: New Dehli Potato and Bean Stew
Wednesday: Sloppy lentils
Thursday: Kung poa shrimp
Friday: Two mushroom Barley soup.
Sunday: Lost is ending this week- HO-LY CRAP! And the finale is on Sunday, so THAT'S when we'll be at the Brownings.
***IF YOU HAVE any suggestions for meals appropriate for my bottomless pit of a 10 month old daughter, I'd really appreciate the help. She's been waking up a lot lately because she's hungry.***
Next week, my plan is gonna be extra awesome bc I get to incorporate all of the [overly missed] local eats that we will be venturing to during the week! Yes, we plan our trips around food...I know...