Friday, March 18, 2011

Super Moon

On my Facebook Feed, there is a whole lotta talk about the moon right now.
Not about going back to it or the man that's in it, but what it's doing to uterus's around the DFW.

Midwives, doulas, and birth photographers are trying their hardest to catch up on their sleep and might be carb loading to get some extra energy. Why? There is a Super Moon tomorrow night. This means the moon is at least 14% larger and 30% brighter than a normal full moon because it's so close the the Earth. Tomorrow night we're supposed to see the biggest one ever! [Ok, that is not an actual fact, but roll with me on this one...] Last night one of my doula friends counted SIX births just last night. If that's just the warm up, friends...it's about to get crazy!



Is this just a bunch of Hocus Pocus Mumbo Jumbo?
Probably.
Does the possibility of me having a baby soon get me excited, even if it's dependent on how close the moon is to the earth?
Absolutely.

Since I did NOT get my St. Patrick's Day baby [...obviously] maybe I'll get a Super Moon baby. If not...I'm just settling on this baby coming on April Fool's Day. This is my kid we're talking about here...

Have a great weekend!
Mae

No comments: